在Windows Server Redstone 4预览版中，将不再需要像以前的更新一样使用产品密钥，现在，系统的激活将包含在Build中，Insider Preview Build 17079将于今年7月2日到期，届时，你必须升级到新版本。
以下是Windows Server Build 17079的新功能：
就地升级操作系统：客户现在可以通过“就地升级操作系统”的方式将他们的Windows Server Version 1709安装/升级到当前预览版本。此功能从Build 17079开始可用。此功能还使客户能够执行下一个发布的预览版本的构建到构建的升级。
同时，这个版本的Windows Server Insider Preview还修复了大量的已知问题。
Announcing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17079
Today we are releasing Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17079 to Windows Server Insiders. This build is a preview build of the next Semi-Annual Channel release of Windows Server. For more information on the Semi-Annual channel, please see the Windows Server Semi-Annual Channel overview
What’s New in Build 17079 for Windows Server
In-place OS Upgrade: Customers are now able to upgrade their Windows Server, version 1709 installations to the current preview build using In-place OS Upgrade. This feature is available starting in build 17079. This feature also enables customers to perform build-to-build upgrade of the next released preview build.
Running setup.exe, customers should be presented with the option to “Keep personal files and apps”, which causes the migration steps in setup.exe to run and upgrade Windows Server while preserving applications, data, and user settings.
Please refer to the Known Issues section below for additional information.
Tell us more. How might your organization benefit from upgrade functionality? Please let us know by completing this short survey. Thanks in advance. Survey link
Developers and Containers
- Optimized Server Core container base images (30% smaller). Available on Windows Insider Docker Hub here
- MSMQ now installs in a Server Core container
- Key Application Compatibility bug fixes
For more details, please see the Window Virtualization Blog here.
Server Insiders have the choice of Server Core Edition in ISO or VHDX format. The images are pre-keyed – no need to enter a key during setup. Symbols are available on the public symbol server – see Update on Microsoft’s Symbol Server blog post and Using the Microsoft Symbol Server. As before, matching Windows Server container images will be available via Docker Hub. For more information about Windows Server containers and Insider builds, click here. This Server Insider pre-release build will expire on July 2nd, 2018.
How to Download
To obtain the Insider software downloads, registered Insiders may navigate directly to the Windows Server Insider Preview download page. If you have not yet registered as an Insider, see GETTING STARTED WITH SERVER on the Windows Insiders for Business portal.
It’s all about your feedback!
The most important part of a frequent release cycle is to hear what’s working and what needs to be improved, so your feedback is extremely valued. Use your registered Windows 10 Insider device and use the Feedback Hub application. In the app, choose the Server category and then the appropriate subcategory for your feedback. Please indicate what build number you are providing feedback on.
Known issues with Windows Server build 17079
- When Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) is enabled, a system may fail to start. On affected systems, firmware locates UEFI runtime services in memory described as Memory-Mapped I/O (MMIO).
- Running nanoserver-insider containers on a Windows Server Core host will fail, and may crash the host. As a workaround, you can add “-isolation=hyperv” when running or building the containers such as “docker run -isolation=hyperv microsoft/nanoserver-insider”.
Known Issues with In-place OS Upgrade:
- Drives that are protected with BitLocker should have BitLocker suspended (disabled) before In-place OS Upgrade, and resumed (enabled) after In-place OS Upgrade.
- AD Domain Controllers might not upgrade correctly – please backup any AD DC before applying In-place OS Upgrade.
Windows Server Insider Preview Build 17079
Windows Server Insider Preview：
Windows 10 Insider Preview Advanced: